Updated: Sep 26
NOVICE AND PREP: NO CHOREOGRAPHY THIS WEEKEND! We initially listed a choreography date for September 23Rd, but we will not need this date since we were able to get everything done during practices. YAY! We apologize for not noting this sooner for you all- enjoy your weekend!
ALL TEAMS: PRACTICE REMINDERS AS WE HEAD INTO COMP SEASON 1. Please be sure athletes bring a water bottle to practice and do NOT set it down in the hallway. We have cubbies on the floor and all bottles need to go there to keep hallway clear. 2. No jewelry on at practices! This includes hair ties on wrists and apple watches. This is a safety hazard AND we are starting to film routine elements to be reviewed – these videos will come back as illegal if any jewelry is on. 3. All Athletes, regardless of age, must wear a sports bra under their shirt to every practice. 4. Use proper hygiene/ deodorant. As we get into running routines more, athletes will be sweating a lot. Please be sure your athlete applies deodorant right before practice and/or brings it with them to practice. We work in close quarters in our routines and want everyone to feel comfortable! 5. Use Proper Nutrition! As mentioned above, we will be having very active practices and we need athletes at their best to keep them and those around them safe. Be sure they are drinking plenty of water and eat before practices.
ALL TEAMS: EXPO INFORMATION! We are so excited to host our annual Expo next month! This is our big show off and our team’s first performance of the season! Start to share times and information with your friends and family to attend! When: October 29th, 2023 Session #1 Teams-Inspire, Tikis, Dream, Dare, Believe and Dazzle Athletes arrive at 12pm Doors open for spectators at 1:15pm- teams will start within 5 minutes. Everyone will exit the building by 1:45pm due to the next session. Session #2 Teams- Tremor, Electric, Courage, Dynamite, Obsession, Fearless and Lady eX Athletes arrive at 1pm Doors open for spectators at 2:45pm- teams will start within 5 minutes. Everyone will exit the building by 3:15pm due to the next session (gymnastics). Tickets: These are already available to purchase! Log into your parent portal and find Expo tickets under events. Tickets will be $15. Children 5 and under are FREE. These will be available for you to pick up the week before the event. Other information: -We will also be giving the option to pre-purchase flowers. This will be on next week’s hotline. -All details such as where to drop off, performance order, etc. will be released in a couple of weeks. -We will be taking Team Pictures on this date and will be available for purchase the following week. (Individual photos will be taken on a different day) -There will be food and snack available to purchase. -There will be lots of proshop discounts!
ALL TEAMS: NEXT SEASON CHOREOGRAPHY DATES We have already planned our next summer choreography dates! Please plan vacations around these! Novice/ Prep and Premier Prep In House Camp/Choreography: July 10th-13th, 2024 All Star Camp: June 22nd-24th, 2024 (posted in Important Dates in August 2023) All Star Choreography: July 15th-July 21st, 2024 *These are in the Important Dates Section*
ALL TEAMS: FRONT CIRCLE DRIVE This is a friendly reminder that you cannot park in the front circle drive. There are signs in place but we are seeing that parents are still not following them. This is a safety hazard to our kids and other drivers in our parking lot. Please utilize parking spaces to wait until athletes are released. Thank you!!
ELECTRIC: COMPETITION UPDATES We are needing to slightly adjust our competition schedule. Below are the adjustments. We apologize for making these changes after the initial release of our schedule! The program schedule and detailed schedule are both updated in the Attachments sections. 1. We will NOT be attend Spirit Celebration Grand Nationals on December 2nd and 3rd. We WILL be attending the Redline Lonestar Classic on December 3rd. 2. We will NOT be attending the NCA Holiday Classic. We WILL be attending the Redline Winter Showdown on January 13th and 14th (we will only compete on one of these days).
NOVICE: END OF SEASON PARTY We will be having our end of season party on Tuesday, March 26th, 2024. This will be at the Courtyard Marriott in Flower Mound. This is now added to the important dates section.
1. ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 9.24-9.20 Inspire: Bianca Tiny Tikis: Adelyn Dream: Paislee Dare: Hope Believe: Cameron Dazzle: Brooklyn Tremor: Hayley Electric: Aubrey Courage: Emma Dynamite: Ava Obsession: Kate Fearless: Durby Lady eX: Gentry
2. WHAT TO WEAR THURSDAY 9.21: GRAY TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES SUNDAY 9.24: WHITE TANK/ BLACK SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES MONDAY 9.25: BLACK TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES TUESDAY 9.26: -Novice (Dare and Dream): GRAY SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW AND CHEER SHOES -Prep/ Premier Prep: WHITE TANK OR SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES WEDNESDAY 9.27: -Tikis: GRAY SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW / CHEER SHOES -All Star: GRAY TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES THURSDAY 9.28: GRAY TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES SUNDAY 10.1: WHITE TANK/ BLACK SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES
3. PROSHOP EMBROIDERY: If you would like to get your athletes name on their backpack or warm up jacket, please take them to Flip Dog Sportswear located in our parking lot. They will know what font and color to use for both items. Contact at 972-691-3557. SPIRIT SALE: Thank you to everyone who ordered from the spirit sale! All items should arrive by expo. VARSITY PRACTICE WEAR: According to the ETA from Varsity, practice wear will not arrive until EXPO. BOWS: The price of bows from our vendor has increased, therefore starting September 26th, bow prices will increase to $26 for sparkle bows and $24 for matte bows.
4. INSPIRE Welcome to Inspire for the 23-24 season!! Reminders/ Notes: - I, Coach Alison, apologize for the mistakes on the calendar given out this past weekend. Please use the calendar here for this season! CLICK HERE FOR INSPIRE CALENDAR -Uniform Fees are already on your Excite Account. Please be sure this is paid by Sunday, 10.1! -We have released all information regarding our Excite Expo on October 29th! Scroll up and check out all info in the announcements portion. Practice 9.24: 12:45pm-1:30pm -Athletes- wear any athletic clothing and athletic shoes. Please keep away from shorts with zippers and or buttons. -Assistant Coaches- wear your assigned practice wear for your team practice.
5. IMPORTANT DATES *Specialty Billing Dates are included! (added 8.24.23)* October 8th and 9th: GYM IS OPEN! We do not close with LISD for this holiday since it is so close to competition season. October 27th: Trunk or Treat Team event (more information to come) October 28th: Extra Practices: NOVICE, PREP, PREMIER PREP, ALL STAR, INSPIRE. Times TBD. October 29th: EXCITE! EXPO! -Novice, Prep, Premier Prep, All Star and Inspire October 31st: GYM CLOSED- no practices or classes November 19th-25th: GYM CLOSED- no practices or classes November 12th: COMPETITION- Novice, Premier Prep, Courage and Obsession November 26th: All Star MANDATORY return practice. $100 fine and alternate status if missed! All Star and Premier Prep teams will have a workout requirement to complete over the break. November 30th: -All Star: Travel Fees charged (amount TBD) -Premier Prep: NCA Nationals Fee charged (amount TBD) December 1st: Extra Practice- Premier Prep and All Star. Times TBD. December 1st: Deadline to decline banquet tickets-must email into email@example.com December 2nd and 3rd: COMPETITION- Inspire, Premier Prep and All Star December 3rd: COMPETITION- Prep December 9th: COMPETITION- Premier Prep, Dynamite, Fearless and Lady eX December 17th-January 1st: No Team Practices. There will be camps, clinics and open gym options during this period. All Star teams and Premier Prep teams will also have work out requirements over break. December 20th-January 2nd: GYM CLOSED- no classes running. There will be camps, clinics and open options during this period. January 2nd: All Star MANDATORY return practice. EVERY ALL-STAR TEAM WILL PRACTICE THIS DATE! $100 fine and alternate status if missed! January 12th: Extra Practice- Prep and All Star. January 13th and 14th: COMPETITION- Half season, Inspire, Prep and All Star. January 27th and January 28th: COMPETITION- Premier Prep and All Star January 31st: Banquet Billing. From Handbook: “You will be charged for 1 athlete and 1 parent ticket per child. Cost will be between $30-$40 each.” February 3rd: COMPETITION- half season, Inspire, Novice, Prep. All Star TBD. February 17th: ALL STAR TRAVEL COMP- Shreveport, LA. All Star only. February 25th-28th: NCA Week! Premier Prep and All-Star teams will practice every day during this time period. February 29th: Potential Practice- Premier Prep and All Star. You will find out on Wednesday night if your team is practicing this date. February 26th-29th: NO HALF SEASON, NOVICE OR PREP TEAM PRACTICES. This is due to NCA week and those teams needing to come in extra. This was listed in your handbook. March 1st-3rd: NCA NATIONALS! Premier Prep will compete on the 1st. Courage will compete on the 1st and 2nd. Dynamite, Obsession, Fearless and Lady eX will compete on the 2nd and 3rd. March 10th-17th: GYM CLOSED FOR SPRING BREAK. Practices and classes will resume on Monday the 18th. March 22nd: Extra Practice- Novice and Prep. Times TBD. March 23rd: COMPETITION- Novice and Prep March 26th: Novice End of season party March 28th: Banquet for Prep, Premier Prep and All Star Teams *edited 8.31.23* March 30th: End of season for Novice Teams *Novice end of year party TBD* April 11th-14th: Seniors and All-Star coaches in Daytona for College Nationals. April 18th-21st: All Star Worlds in Orlando, FL. All Star TBD. April 30th: End of season for Premier Prep. *Banquet TBD* May 2nd-5th: The Summit in Orlando, FL. All Star TBD. 2024-2025 SEASON DATES: -All Star Camp *Mandatory*: June 22nd-25th, 2024 at Camp Buckner (Posted August 2023) -Novice/Prep/ Premier Prep In House Camp and Choreography *Mandatory*: July 10th-13th,2024 -All Star Choreography *Mandatory*: July 15th-21st, 2024 (Posted September 2023)
6. ATTACHMENTS: Absent Request: Email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line- athlete name and team name Body- Reason for missing. Include if this is a school graded event or not. Competition Schedule: PROGRAM SCHEDULE DETAILED SCHEDULE Hair Styles -Novice and Prep: High Pony with straight hair / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Premier Prep: High Pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Courage: Braids into low pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Dynamite: 1 braid into high pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Obsession: Crimped High Pony / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Fearless and Lady eX: High Pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL