ANNOUNCEMENTS 11.16-11.30 *EXTENDED HOTLINE DUE TO THANKSGIVING* GYM CLOSED 11.19-11.25 FOR FALL BREAK: No practices or classes running. Specialty camps and clinics running! Enroll here: https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/excite/camps/26
CONGRATS TO TEAM COURAGE FOR GETTING THEIR BID TO ALL STAR WORLDS IN ORLANDO!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!!!
NOVICE AND PREP: BONUS OPPORTUNIY For Novice teams we have been counting for a smiley face award for the end of the year and for Prep we have been counting for a Gold Star award. To earn an extra star or smiley face OR to replace one that you didn’t get for one week, you can do the task listed below over this next week! You will need to take a video of them doing the task below and put it in the band. Coaches will make an album that you can add your video to! Be sure they are put in Band by Monday, 11.27 to count! Tikis: Video doing dance 3x with counts Dream/ Dare/ Believe and Dazzle: Mark through full routine with music 3X
PREMIER PREP AND ALL-STAR TEAMS: REQUIRED WORK OUT SHEET -Below is the information for the required workouts to be completed over break. Please read and follow all instructions! All requirements are due SUNDAY 11.26. -Stunt and tumble videos are required to be done at the gym for safety. Here are sometimes we have made available for you to come in to get these completed. If none of these times work, please email into cheer@. All times are free to attend. Monday 11/20 2pm-3pm Tuesday 11/21 2pm-3pm Sunday 11/26: 12:30-1:15pm/ 3-3:45pm/ 4:30-5:15pm CLICK HERE FOR WORKOUT SHEET
OBSESSION: TEAM NOTES -Practice be 11am-12:30pm just for Sunday, 11.26. -Since we had to drop from NTGU we will now be adding DCC to our official schedule. This is on February 3rd and has been listed as TBD. This is now been fixed in the Important Dates and the competition documents in the Attachments section.
FEARLESS: SUNDAY 11.26 PRACTICE TIMES We will be practicing at our regular time of 11-12:30 and will practice again from 3-4:30pm. Both are mandatory.
INSPIRE AND ALL STAR TEAMS: 12.10 PRACTICE We will be hosting a Acro Meet at our gym this date so we will be cancelling all practices this date.
ALL TEAMS: CCA FOOD DRIVE The CCA food pantry needs donations! We will be doing a food drive to help them out. This will run from December 1st-Decemeber 9th. Each team that donates at least 2 items per team will receive either a Leaf or an Extra Gold Star/ Smiley. The team with the most food items donated will have a chicken nugget party!!
ALL STAR AND TREMOR: SPIRIT CELEBRATION GRAND NATIONALS INFO The company has released some information about the event on December 2nd and 3rd. -Tickets and Block schedule can be found at: https://www.varsity.com/scb/spirit-celebration-grand-nationals/ there are no ticket sales at the event- all spectator tickets must be purchased online! - Toy Drive: This event does a huge toy drive and donate to multiple different organizations. We are asking that each athlete bring one toy (unwrapped) to donate! Doesn’t matter how big or how small! All star teams will need to bring these to their practice on 11.26 and Tremor will need to bring theirs to their practice on 11.28.
PREMIER PREP AND ALL STAR: EXTRA PRACTICE We have had posted in the Important Dates to keep Friday, December 1st open for extra practices. Below are the teams and times we will be having practice that day. Tremor and Dynamite: 5:15pm-6:15pm Obsession and Fearless: 6:15pm-7pm No practice: Electric, Courage, Lady eX
ALL TEAMS: ELEMENTARY SCHOOL OPEN GYM We are hosting a Happy Hour open gym from 5pm-7pm on December 16th! This costs $5 and is open to anyone in elementary school! This will be at the Main Gym and Pizza will be provided. Enroll here: https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/excite/camps/13
TREMOR/ DYNAMITE/ FEARLESS AND LADY EX: NCA HOLIDAY CLASSIC INFO The company has released some information about the event on December 9th. Tickets link and Block schedule can be found at: https://www.varsity.com/nca/all-star/competitions/ (scroll down to NCA Holiday Classic) there are no ticket sales at the event- all spectator tickets must be purchased online!
ALL STAR: END OF SEASON EVENTS Since our end of season events are mandatory this year, we wanted to get ahead on alerting you of costs. Below are the registration fees for our 2 possible end-of-season events. This only covers your athlete being able to compete and attend the event. You are not being billed for this yet! This is just to help give you a heads up. -All Star Worlds: $239 if no bid received, $189 if at large bid received, $0 if paid bid received. 1 day/ 2 park pass included to Universal with paid bid only. -The Summit: $456 if at large bid received, $228 if Partial Paid Bid received, $0 if paid bid received. These are commuter prices, and none include park hopper tickets- this is only to compete and enter ESPN Wide Worlds of Sports.
1. ATHLETE OF THE WEEK: 11.9-11.15 Inspire: Not Given Tiny Tikis: Emory Dream: Lily Dare: Nitya Believe: Cameron Dazzle: Lillian Tremor: Jocelyn Electric: Cheyenne Courage: Jordyn Dynamite: Delilah Obsession: Camilla Fearless: Brooklyn Lady eX: Not Given
2. WHAT TO WEAR THURSDAY 11.16: GRAY TANK or SHIRT/ ANY SHORT/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES GYM CLOSED 11.19-11.25: NO PRACTICES OR CLASSES. Specialty camps and clinics running- enroll here: https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/excite/camps/26 SUNDAY 11.26: ALL STAR MANDATORY PRACTICE! $100 fine and alternate status if missed! BLACK TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES MONDAY 11.27: WHITE TANK/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES TUESDAY 11.28: WHITE TANK or SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES WEDNESDAY 11.29: GRAY TANK or SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES THURSDAY 11.30: GRAY TANK or SHIRT/ ANY SHORTS/ HAIR BOW/ CHEER SHOES SATURDAY AND SUNDAY 12.2-12.3: COMPETITION Saturday and Sunday @ Spirit Celebration- Tremor, Courage, Dynamite, Obsession, Fearless, Lady eX and Inspire (Inspire and Tremor only goes on Saturday) Sunday @ Redline Lonestar Classic- Believe, Dazzle and Electric
3. PROSHOP BLACK FRIDAY SALE: Now through black Friday we will have a few favorite outerwear items for pre-sale! This is an online only event. Please use the link to shop now! https://app.iclasspro.com/portal/excite/products
4.INSPIRE Reminders/ Notes: -USASF: your athlete MUST have an athlete account made with USASF in order to compete this season. Go to usasf.net and either create or log in to renew your account. This needs to be done by Monday, 11.13! If you have any issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. -We are needing to cancel practice on December 10th. We are hosting a Acro meet this day which requires use of the full gym. - Please use the calendar here for this season! CLICK HERE FOR INSPIRE CALENDAR Practice 11.19: NO PRACTICE- GYM CLOSED Practice 11.26: Athletes: Practice shirt, athletic shorts/pants, athletic/cheer shoes Practice 12.1: CANCELLED We feel prepared for our first event so we will be cancelling this practice. Competition 12.2: Ticket Information and block schedule- https://www.varsity.com/scb/spirit-celebration-grand-nationals/ There are no ticket sales at the event- all spectator tickets must be purchased online! Do not purchase one for your athlete- only those coming to watch Competition Information- all information will be posted on the 11.30 hotline.
5. HALF SEASON TEAMS: SPARKLERS AND THRILL Announcements: -If you weren’t at the meet and greet, please stop by the front desk to sign 2 team waivers. These are required for your athlete to perform! -BAND: Make sure you have this app downloaded and your account made. We will be sending out invitations to join this soon! -Uniforms and Practice Wear: All items have been ordered and will be passed out to you as soon as they come in! Reminder that we will want athletes in all white shoes for performances. This will be up to you to purchase. If you want cheer shoes, we suggest the infinity evolutions which can be ordered on Amazon. What to Wear 11.9.23 and 11.16.23: Any red, black or white based shirt/ athletic shorts/ athletic or cheer shoes/ hair in a high pony tail and hair bow or ribbon. Important Dates: November 19th-November 25th: Gym Closed- Happy Thanksgiving! December 8th, 2023- Choreography! 4pm-5:15pm Sparklers/ 5:30-7pm Thrill December 20th-January 2nd: GYM CLOSED- no classes or practices running. There will be camps, clinics and open options during this period. January 12th, 2024- Parent Show off! Kids arrive 5:00pm/Parents Enter at 5:45pm January 13th or 14th, 2024 - Redline Winter Showdown -Frisco, Texas We will only perform on one of these dates- we will let you know which date as soon as possible. * February 3rd, 2024: DCC Classic at AT&T Stadium February 8th, 2024 – kid’s celebration and last practice 4pm-5pm Sparklers/ 5pm-6pm Thrill (Edited since team emails were sent)
6.IMPORTANT DATES Specialty Billing Dates are included! (added 8.24.23) November 19th-25th: GYM CLOSED- no practices or classes November 26th: All Star MANDATORY return practice. $100 fine and alternate status if missed! All Star and Premier Prep teams will have a workout requirement to complete over the break. November 30th: -All Star: Travel Fees charged (amount $53) -Premier Prep: NCA Nationals Fee charged (amount $108) December 1st: Extra Practice- Premier Prep and All Star. -Tremor and Dynamite: 5:15pm-6:15pm -Obsession and Fearless: 6:15pm-7pm -No practice: Electric, Courage, Lady eX December 1st: Deadline to decline banquet tickets-must email into email@example.com Athlete ticket is required, this is for parent banquet tickets December 2nd and 3rd: COMPETITION- Inspire, Tremor and All Star December 3rd: COMPETITION- Prep and Electric December 9th: COMPETITION- Tremor, Dynamite, Fearless and Lady eX December 10th: Inspire and All Star- NO PRACTICES! The gym is hosting a Acro meet this day. December 17th-January 1st: No Team Practices. There will be camps, clinics and open gym options during this period. All Star teams and Premier Prep teams will also have work out requirements over break. December 20th-January 2nd: GYM CLOSED- no classes running. There will be camps, clinics and open options during this period. January 2nd: All Star MANDATORY return practice. EVERY ALL-STAR TEAM WILL PRACTICE THIS DATE! $100 fine and alternate status if missed! January 12th: Extra Practice- Prep and All Star. January 13th and 14th: COMPETITION- Half season, Inspire, Prep, Electric and All Star. January 27th and January 28th: COMPETITION- Premier Prep and All Star January 31st: Banquet Billing. From Handbook: “You will be charged for 1 athlete and 1 parent ticket per child. Cost will be between $30-$40 each.” February 3rd: COMPETITION- half season, Inspire, Novice, Prep and Obsession. All other All Star Teams TBD. February 17th: ALL STAR TRAVEL COMP- Shreveport, LA. All Star only. February 25th-28th: NCA Week! Premier Prep and All-Star teams will practice every day during this time period. February 29th: Potential Practice- Premier Prep and All Star. You will find out on Wednesday night if your team is practicing this date. February 26th-29th: NO HALF SEASON, NOVICE OR PREP TEAM PRACTICES. This is due to NCA week and those teams needing to come in extra. This was listed in your handbook. March 1st-3rd: NCA NATIONALS! Premier Prep will compete on the 1st. Courage will compete on the 1st and 2nd. Dynamite, Obsession, Fearless and Lady eX will compete on the 2nd and 3rd. March 10th-17th: GYM CLOSED FOR SPRING BREAK. Practices and classes will resume on Monday the 18th. March 22nd: Extra Practice- Novice and Prep. Times TBD. March 23rd: COMPETITION- Novice and Prep March 26th: Novice End of season party March 28th: Banquet for Prep, Premier Prep and All Star Teams edited 8.31.23 March 30th: End of season for Novice Teams Novice end of year party April 11th-14th: Seniors and All-Star coaches in Daytona for College Nationals. April 18th-21st: All Star Worlds in Orlando, FL. All Star TBD. April 30th: End of season for Premier Prep. May 2nd-5th: The Summit in Orlando, FL. All Star TBD. 2024-2025 SEASON DATES: -All Star Camp Mandatory: June 22nd-25th, 2024 at Camp Buckner (Posted August 2023) -Novice/Prep/ Premier Prep In House Camp and Choreography Mandatory: July 10th-13th,2024 -All Star Choreography Mandatory: July 15th-21st, 2024 (Posted September 2023)
7. ATTACHMENTS: Coach Cell Numbers: To be used on day of absences, private lessons or emergencies: Please include ALL of your team coaches in your texts regarding practices/emergencies Alison Howard: 214-649-5624 Alyssa Palnau: 972-821-1481 Blake Covington: 972-286-0917 Danni Gray: 682-478-9877 Destiny Studer: 972-904-4939 Jake Reyes: 325-232-4993 Jordan MacAllister: 940-435-1506 Morayna Johnson: 469-996-6229 Scott Inman: 915-588-7786 Tia Jackson: 817-715-8191 Tiffany Parker: 972-489-3024 Wicam Smith: 914-233-6770 Absent Request: Email firstname.lastname@example.org Subject Line- athlete name and team name Body- Reason for missing. Include if this is a school graded event or not. Competition Schedule: PROGRAM SCHEDULE DETAILED SCHEDULE Make up: CLICK HERE FOR TUTORIAL Hair Styles -Novice and Prep: High Pony with straight hair / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Premier Prep: High Pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Courage: Braids into low pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL -Dynamite, Obsession, Fearless and Lady eX: High Pony with curls / CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO TUTORIAL